“Mathematics is, in it’s own way, the poetry of logical ideas.” Albert Einstein
We believe at Laurel Park school that Mathematics is a fundamental part of human thought and logic, and integral to understanding the world and ourselves. Mathematics provides an effective way of building mental discipline and encourages logical reasoning and mental rigour. In addition, it is a highly interconnected discipline that has been developed over centuries, it is essential to everyday life, critical to science, technology and engineering, and necessary for financial literacy, these are the skills that we bring to our students.
We aim to do this by:
● Stimulating an interest in, and enjoyment of, Maths.
● Providing the opportunities and challenges for all to achieve their full potential.
● Encouraging a culture of questioning and feeding the natural inquisitiveness of students.
● Developing an awareness of the relevance of Maths to real life that will enable pupils to contribute positively to society.
● Providing the best possible standard of teaching and opportunities for learning.
● Achieve or exceed their expected progress.
● Use their numeracy skills to make a positive contribution to the workplace and society.
● Students become independent learners.
● 7 maths classrooms, all with visualisers
● Access to 30 Chromebooks within the department
● Every student has a Sparx account for home learning
The Maths curriculum booklets can be downloaded here: